Intermission Cocktail from Nuba Restaurant
Visiting farms and markets is my favourite summer activity. The abundance of beautifully-grown produce provides a platform of discovery and experimentation for me every year.
You can get so creative with cocktails, but sometimes a twist on a classic is all you need. Penicillins are a personal favourite of mine, and when thinking about ways to incorporate British Columbia blueberries into a cocktail at Nuba, I tried to find a classic that they would complement well.
Our twist also keeps to more natural ingredients, and instead of a high-sugar ginger honey syrup, we use a little bit of agave and fresh ginger juice to bring the cocktail together. The blueberries add a refreshing touch that brings an entirely new experience to a classic.
- 2 ounces Old Forester bourbon
- 0.5 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 0.5 ounces fresh-squeezed ginger juice
- 0.75 ounces fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 0.75 ounces agave
- Handful B.C. blueberries
- In a shaker, muddle the bourbon and blueberries.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the shaker with ice. Shake.
- Strain into coupe glass.
- Garnish with a toothpick of blueberries.