Many experts say you’re supposed to get a facial with every season change. In lieu of an autumn treatment, consider this simple, all-natural at-home scrub.
While it’s definitely not the same as a professional deep clean, it will instantly soften, soothe, and cleanse the face, helping you slough off dead skin cells and feel good about fall. Plus, you can do it from the safety and comfort of home.
Oh, and it smells outdoorsy and fresh—kind of like a crisp walk over crunching leaves.
FALL FACE SCRUB
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
2 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cleanse your face and pat dry.
- Using your hands or a mask brush, apply the scrub to your face and gently exfoliate in circular motions for 30 seconds. Bonus points for doing your neck.
- For an added boost, let the scrub sit on your face for another 30 seconds; this lets the nourishing properties of the honey really work their magic.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry again.
- Follow with your usual skincare routine.
- Enjoy soft, supple skin.
Creative direction and camera: Alex Falconer
Camera and editing: Amy Flak