Classic Acai Bowl Recipe from Honolulu Coffee Vancouver
To paraphrase the old adage about catching lightning in a bottle, our Hawaiian-inspired acai bowls at Honolulu Coffee Vancouver are like capturing summer in a bowl.
We have four varieties (including a build-your-own option with eight different toppings), but one of the centrepieces are the fresh, plump British Columbia blueberries bursting with summer flavour. They offer a tart little treat atop a frozen base consisting of acai berries, strawberries, more blueberries, bananas, and apple juice, and sweetened with honey. Here’s how to make your own at home.
Classic Acai Bowl
- 1 pack unsweetened frozen acai berries
- 3.5 ounces apple juice (you can substitute with your favourite beverage, such as other fruit juice or almond milk)
- 35 grams frozen strawberries
- 35 grams frozen blueberries
- 35 grams frozen bananas
- 0.5 ounces honey
- In a blender, blend everything into a soft, smooth texture.
- Pour into your favourite bowl.
- 1 cup granola
- Half-sliced bananas
- Two fresh strawberries (cut into quarters)
- 1 ounce fresh blueberries
- Sprinkle of coconut flakes
Enjoy the bowl of Aloha.