Stop Asian Hate: A Resources List
Since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, harassment and violence towards visible minorities in Canada has increased todouble that of the rest of the population. In Vancouver alone—the home of Natural Habitat and vitruvi—anti-Asian hate crimesincreased by 717 percent in 2020.
Therecent shootings that killed eight people in Atlanta, six of them women of Asian descent, has further brought to light the realities and fears that Asian Canadians and Asian Americans live with every day.
As with any terrible act of hatred, this has forced us to stop and to listen. To learn. To make space for the pain that our Asian community members and friends are feeling. And to act. Here are a few places we are using to continue this work.
- Anti-Asian violence resources
- A history of anti-Asian racism in the USA
- The victims of the Atlanta spa shootings
- Radical Dictionary
- How Hollywood is complicit in violence against Asians in America
- Five things to know about massage parlor workers in Canada and their rights
- The Atlanta shootings and the dehumanizing of Asian women
- The vulnerability of working-class Asian women
- Reports of anti-Asian hate crimes are surging in Canada
- Asian American Federation
- Swan Vancouver
- Project 1907
- NAPAWF New York City
- Fight COVID Racism
- Vancouver Asian Film Festival
- Chinese Canadian National Council - For Social Justice
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Stop AAPI Hate
- AAPI Community Fund
- Hate is a Virus
- Vancouver Asian Heritage Month Society
- Madelyn Chung
- The RepresentASIAN Project
- Annie Wu
- Kim Saira
- Asians for Mental Health
- Kevin Nadal
- So You Want to Talk About...
There is so much left to be done. But we must support each other, check in on each other, listen to each other, and protect each other.