Lavender Essential Oil is one of the most popular floral oils thanks to its soothing, powdery scent and its myriad of uses. Steam-distilled from lavender petals, it will instantly transport you to a field in Southern France on a warm spring day.
What is Lavender Oil?
Lavender Oil is a beautiful floral oil that smells similar to the fresh version of its namesake flower. Calming, soft, and luxurious, it is a great essential oil to diffuse any time of day.
How to use Lavender Oil
Lavender is great in a diffuser or in your beauty and body products. Making your own is fun, easy, and allows you to know exactly what you are putting onto your skin and into your air.
Lavender Oil recipes
Lavender can be used in many homemade self-care items. Here are some recipes to get you started:
- DIY Lavender Bed Linen Spray. For sheets that smell like lavender fields.
- DIY After Sun Lotion with Lavender. For those long summer days.
- Floral Toner for More Youthful Skin. Easy to make, easy to use.
- Detox Face Oil. For the holiday season, wedding season, or any other wine-drinking season.
DIY Lotion for Dry Hands. It makes them soft and supple.
Lavender Oil diffuser blends
Lavender Essential Oil can be diffused on its own, or mixed with other essential oils to create a more complex aroma. Here are some ideas:
- DIY Diffuser Blend: Library Days. Smells like well-loved books.
- DIY Diffuser Blend: Calm for Kids. Help ease any jitters.
- DIY Diffuser Blend: Quiet Office Mornings. For enjoying the slow start.
- DIY Diffuser Blend: Goddess Love. A blend of fresh flowers and citrus.
DIY Diffuser Blend: Stanley Park After Dark. Transports you to where forest meets ocean.
Lavender Oil benefits
Lavender Essential Oil is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, making it great for mixing into skincare and body care products. It is also incredibly calming, which means it’s a great addition to your evening scent routine and can help you drift off to dreamland.
Where to buy Lavender Oil
The Lavender Essential Oil from vitruvi is organic, 100 per cent pure, non-toxic, cruelty-free, and made without phthalates, sulfates, or synthetic fragrances. It comes in two bottle sizes, and can be subscribed to every 30 or 60 days using vitruvi’s Essentials Club program.