DIY Hand Sanitizer
Aloe Vera Gel
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil
Trying to avoid getting sick? The best thing you can do is wash your hands frequently, scrubbing with soap for at least 20 seconds and then making sure to dry them completely. But for hygiene on the go, a hand sanitizer is a fast and easy option.
Store-bought versions are suggested for their proven efficacy—however if that is not possible, you can also make your own. The most important thing to include for a proper DIY hand sanitizer is isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, which must be at least 60 per cent of the total solution. Other things, such as aloe vera and essential oils, can also be included for additional benefits and scent. Rubbing alcohol comes in different percentages, but 91 or 99 per cent is suggested for this.
DIY HAND SANITIZER
3/4 cup isopropyl alcohol
1/4 cup aloe vera gel
2 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
2 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a clean bowl.
- Transfer the sanitizer to a small spray bottle.
- Shake before each use and spray your hands.
- Rub the formula onto your hands and let them completely air-dry.
- Follow up with a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.