This is a no-fail appetizer that’s healthy, delicious, and vibrant in its colour palette. Plus, it’s super simple to whip up the night before and just add in the freshly-chopped toppings before you head out to a party. Who is she? She’s a Pomegranate and Chickpea Dip—and she’s fabulous.
Pomegranate and Chickpea Dip
- 14-oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses, plus more to drizzle
- 1/2 tsp flaky salt
- 1 generous pinch of freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
- Place the chickpeas, oil, pomegranate molasses, salt, and pepper in a blender and pulse briefly until combined, but still slightly chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients, reserving a little feta and some of the pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with extra pomegranate molasses and serve with the reserved pomegranate seeds and feta scattered on top.
- Serve alongside warm pita bread or crackers.
- Enjoy being the star cook of the night.