Recipe: No-Bake Blueberry Cocoa Seed Bites
This bite-sized snack is packed with nature’s superfood: British Columbia blueberries. Frozen B.C. blueberries have the same nutritional benefits as fresh blueberries, and are available in the freezer aisle year-round. Just look for the “B.C.-grown” label or “packaged in B.C.” wording to ensure your frozen blueberries are from the province.
No-Bake Blueberry Cocoa Seed Bites
- 1 cup frozen B.C. blueberries
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut, plus extra ¾ cup for coating
- ½ cup pitted dates, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted raw sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries
- ⅓ cup sunflower or nut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or softened butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ pinch salt
- In a food processor fitted with the S blade, pulse all the ingredients (scrape down the sides every few pulses) until combined into a crumbly mixture, but not pureed.
- Remove the blade and refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes if it seems too moist.
- Moisten your fingers with water and form the mixture into 1.5-inch bite-sized balls.
- Roll in shredded unsweetened coconut to coat.
- Enjoy anytime as a healthy snack.