Vegan and Gluten-Free Pancakes
Words by Amy and Vanessa Flak
Photography by Amy Flak
Put on the coffee and make these tasty guilt-free pancakes fromPlant Based Steezy—perfect for slow weekend mornings. They are gluten-free and vegan, but they pack seriously comforting flavour.
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings (optional): vegan butter, maple syrup, fresh berries
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk (we used oat), apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Let the mixture relax for about five minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on medium heat, and drop a big spoonful of this gorgeous, bubbly batter right in the middle.
- Flip it and repeat until all the batter is gone. We got nine little pancakes from this recipe.
- Top with berries, vegan butter, and maple syrup. Dig in.
Let’s Talk: An Interview with Gossip Columnist Lainey Lui
As the world emerges from the pandemic, gossip columnist and television personality Lainey Lui is ready to dish on all of it.READ MORE
The Greatest Indoors: An Interview with Interior Designer Jake Arnold
Jake Arnold’s dramatic yet inviting work has earned him a reputation as the go-to interior designer for the Hollywood crowd. Now, with the launch of a new digital design platform, he’s giving people global access to the celebrity treatment.READ MORE
Literal Masterpieces Actual Things: An Interview with Painter Andy Dixon
Painter Andy Dixon’s self-aware musings on wealth and culture have made him a darling of the contemporary art world. Step inside his Los Angeles studio.READ MORE
Three Chefs Share Filipino Recipes to Make at Home
Each views Philippine cuisine through a different lens.READ MORE