Vegan and Gluten-Free Pancakes
Words by Amy and Vanessa Flak
Photography by Amy Flak
Put on the coffee and make these tasty guilt-free pancakes fromPlant Based Steezy—perfect for slow weekend mornings. They are gluten-free and vegan, but they pack seriously comforting flavour.
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings (optional): vegan butter, maple syrup, fresh berries
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk (we used oat), apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Let the mixture relax for about five minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on medium heat, and drop a big spoonful of this gorgeous, bubbly batter right in the middle.
- Flip it and repeat until all the batter is gone. We got nine little pancakes from this recipe.
- Top with berries, vegan butter, and maple syrup. Dig in.
Indoor Air Pollution: What You Need to Know
Some culprits and some solutions.READ MORE
Interior Designer Kate Towill on Creating A Home That is Truly You
Her thoughts on art, vintage versus modern, and the perfect blue.READ MORE
How Good Design Equals Comfort at Home
Musings from the cofounder of Sundays furniture.READ MORE
At Home With Jazmine Rogers, AKA That Curly Top
How she creates a sustainable space.READ MORE